Its true that you can learn something new every day. I learned about a SIGG, and no, you don’t have to visit the doctor for this one. Of course its “green” and its from Switzerland. I do believe the Swiss have got it going on when it comes to anything environmental.
The SIGG is a Swiss Engineered Water Bottle and made from a single piece of aluminum that is seamless and leakproof. Several websites and a few national stores sell SIGGs. There are many different versions and designs: my favorite is “Make Love Not Landfill”. One of my eco-friends has one and she loves it. She also doesn’t believe in bottled water, which I plan to discuss at a later time. So, I plan to get my own SIGG and when I do, I will post the photo. They cost around $20.
The bottles are lightweight, durable, and leakproof (even with carbonated drinks). The exterior is solvent-free and eco-friendly. The best part is that it is 100% recyclable!
Here are the details from the company:
• Swiss-made SIGG™ bottles are tough, durable, safe, leak-proof and eco-friendly
• Reusable and long-lasting
• Exterior coating is solvent-free
• Water-based interior lining is non-toxic, hygienic and taste-neutral
• Safely contains carbonated beverages, fruit juices and isotonic energy drinks with no residual odor or after-taste
• Bottle cap made from Polypropylene (#5)—an FDA approved, food safe plastic
Currently, you can find your own SIGG at the following places:
REI – www.rei.com
Patagonia – www.patagonia.com
Eastern Mountain Sport – www.ems.com